Monday 9 February 2015

DIY - Rope Lamp



A different kind of post this week and my first ever DIY blog post.

I am a big fan of the lovely Caroline over at Burkatron and often feel inspired by her many DIY projects.

However this little DIY project  I came across on Pinterest and it was so easy and cost less than a tenner.

On this post I will be showing you how to turn a plain old boring lamp into this nautical rope lamp.


I picked up this plain cream lamp from Wilkinsons at the weekend for £6, along with some garden twine and pva glue. All in all I spent a total of £8.

Simple huh?


Starting at the top I applied a generous layer of pva and started wrapping the twine around and around. Don't worry if you get glue on the twine as this will dry clear and you wont notice any difference.

You will see from the picture below I did this in two stages due to the shape of the base. I found it was best to work from the smaller part and work outwards. This way the twine stuck easier. For the middle parts I just turned the lamp base upside down and applied the same method.


If you don't mind getting a bit messy this DIY lamp project is quick, cheap and easy and hopefully the finished product looks better than the original.

I did two of these in just over an hour on a Sunday afternoon and they are now sitting pretty on my bedside table.

Have any of you got any DIY projects you care to share? Let me know.

Thanks for reading, back soon x




No comments:

Post a Comment