Monday 27 January 2014

Washington DC in a day

So whilst this blog will mostly feature new travel posts I did want to write a quick review on a tour I took in December 2012.
Spending six nights in NYC I was keen to explore further afield then previous trips had allowed time for. After doing some quick research I discovered you could get from New York to Washington in a reasonable amount of time that it wouldn't eat too much into my holiday.

New York to Washington DC in a day
I discovered that Viator offered a round trip deal for under £90, that included return bus transfers, and a whistle stop tour of all of the postcard famous sights of the city.

Also be sure to look out for Discount coupons for Viator as I saved 10% on my tour.

Leaving NY early in the morning it takes around 3-4 hours to arrive in the Capital.
The Viator deal takes you to the Lincoln Memorial and reflecting pool, the Korean War memorial, the Capitol Hill State Building, the Whitehouse, the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and finally a quick stop at Madame Tussauds where you can have you photo taken with Presidents old and new.

War Memorial with carved faces of the Veterans
Korean War Memorial
The famous Lincoln Memorial is a must visit when in the Capital
The Whitehouse
The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum
The tour was informative and our guide was great at picking out the highlights and historical facts. It didn't feel rushed and ample time was available for you to take the typical tourist shots in front of the iconic buildings.

The Reflecting Pool made famous in Forrest Gump
For the price of the tour and what was included into a jam packed day, I would definitely recommend Viator as this tour meant I could tick one more thing off of my Bucket List.

I will definitely look up Viator for future tours.
Is Washington DC on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment